- Alateen is part of Al‑Anon Family Groups. Alateen is a fellowship of young Al-Anon members, usually teenagers, whose lives have been affected by someone else’s drinking. Alateen groups are sponsored by Al-Anon members who help the group to stay on track.
Alateens come together to:
- Share experiences, strength, and hope with each other
- Discuss difficulties
- Learn effective ways to cope with problems
- Encourage one another
- Help each other understand the principles of the Al-Anon program
- Learn how to use the Twelve Steps and Alateen’s Twelve Traditions